Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Borders" by Thomas King (Canada)

In the story "Borders" I learned about how people
at the border checks are really strict but in a way kind
racist. They dont care where you are from you must be either from Canada or from the U.S. So when the women and her son try to pass the border to the U.S. they weren't alloweed to pass. The mom just said her nationality, and the guards didnt care of her Native American nationality. Then when the press arrives they let them into the U.S., isnt that a coincidence.
 




I would say my ethnicity is more important to me because, ethnicity is like my culture, my traditions. So basically my way of living, and that has more influence on my life than my nationality. This making ethnicity more important than nationality.
Javi S

No comments: