Thursday, October 21, 2010

"The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Columbia)

This story tells you about how the death of their people in Columbia is respected. In the story the man is made clothing, they bring him flowers and treat him like a king. We see how the people really show respect to the dead. They get the dead everything they need to have a respectful funeral. So people in Columbia have a lot of respect for the dead.


I haven't really thought of how I want my funeral to be, but thats something to think about. Well I want a simple funeral, I want a mexican band to play at my funeral. At the funeral home unless my family doesnt want to, I want an open casket. The day of my funeral I want all my family and friends to be there, they dont have to bring anything. All i want is all my family and friends, and the band to be playing. I want a band so they can sing songs that give me a farewell to this world. This is different because I have never been to a funeral where a band is playing. Latin Americans show respect and honor to the dead, they show respect to the families of the dead.




No comments: